11/21/08

Cupcakes... remixed

So, I used Isa's Fauxstess Cupcakes recipe as a sheet cake last night.
It was after the meeting and I was dragging, but there was something wonderfully adventurous and weird about baking something at 10 o'clock at night.
I'll have to double the recipe when I make it again tonight (it's better after it's cooled) and create a layer cake.
The frosting was from the recipe book, too, but since the good-eaters I'm cooking for are allergic to soy, I used rice milk instead. The chocolate frosting turned out a perfect consistency, but it was bittersweet, and along with the fairly dark cake, I was worried that it wasn't sweet enough.
It was fantastic this morning. Something about the frosting cooling and the cake settling was just perfect.
I think I'll still use chocolate with a slightly lower cacao percentage for the frosting, though; kids like sweet things, right?
Twas yummy.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Kids definitely love sweets so you probably have a winning recipe here to rely on : )

Sabrina said...

Amber, you totally need a blog. I feel rather sad when I click your name and nothing happens!

Amber said...

I know, I know.....